It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Polish Radom P 64 test (NOW fixed) 2/14/2017
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:28 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

I am pleased to report that the little Polish P 64 9x18mm worked like a dream . From 7 yards out it is very accurate . Function after 100 plus rounds is 100%. It is a little rough on your hand after the 1st 50 rounds, but it functions. Its now my carry gun. I ordered an extra magazine from Keep Shooting for $24.95, not too pleased with it. The steel seems to be softer. I noticed after using it with about 50 rounds that indentions on the back of the magazine could be seen where the case head of the rounds were making small dents . The force of the pistol firing was driving the bullets backwards into the magazine. So far the magazine still works but the steel seems a little soft. I ordered a original Polish P64 magazine off Gun broker and it has not failed me. So in other words, I love this little pistol. I urge everyone who is looking for a small carry gun or back-up gun to check one out. PPU JHP function great in this little pistol. Poor Man's PPK. Thinking about ordering a Bulgarian Makarov now.

Fort Gregg, 1865, a dozen Federal soldiers leveled their guns,"Drop that lanyard or we'll shot!" they said."WELL, SHOOT AND BE DAMNED!"stated by:Rebel Gunner,Pvt. Lawrence Berry,3rd Company,Washington Artillery, CSA,he fired his gun.

Last edited by Rebel Gunner on Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Polish Radom P 64 test
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nice and a sweet piece of history too ! (does it have import markings ? )

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:29 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Glad that you like it. The Polish actually had some advanced ideas on armaments. For myself, I'll keep my LC9s as a gun in that size range.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:47 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

JR47 wrote:
For myself, I'll keep my LC9s as a gun in that size range.

I too have my preference and for a single stack 9mm pistol, I'll stay with my S&W 9MM Shield !

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:35 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

All in all, you pays your money, and you takes your pick. :!:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:47 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

vanhahner wrote:
Nice and a sweet piece of history too ! (does it have import markings ? )

Yes it does, on the frame in front of the trigger guard, out of sight, very small. Have to turn the pistol upside down to see it.
This pistol is very smooth, small, slim and compact. Easy to hide too. The 9 x 18 MM Makarov round is pretty hot for a blowback pistol. The double action trigger pull is stiff but single action is a dream. Going to replace the stock trigger springs soon. These are sweet little pistols. :) Mine still has more than 90% of the bluing and it is deep.

Fort Gregg, 1865, a dozen Federal soldiers leveled their guns,"Drop that lanyard or we'll shot!" they said."WELL, SHOOT AND BE DAMNED!"stated by:Rebel Gunner,Pvt. Lawrence Berry,3rd Company,Washington Artillery, CSA,he fired his gun.

Post subject: Re: Polish Radom P 64 test ( Now a FAIL)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:49 am 
Colonel
Colonel

The P 64 has proved to be a very nice pocket pistol. Have used Hornaday Critical Def. & Hornaday Custom 9x18 JHP and both feed 100% . Shoots any 9X18 I feed through it even the Blazer alum case ammo. However as the summer grew on and the weather get hotter, this pistol weight has become an issue. It is all steel. It is very small and packs a punch, but it is better for cold weather carry.
I bought a Ruger LCP 380 for my work place CC. Fits in my suit much better, and is much lighter.
That being said, When cooler weather gets here and I will carry the P 64 again outside work, it is still easy to hide. My employer does not want the other staff knowing I am carrying, so it has to be in my pocket. He carries too and likes the idea of another employee packing in the event an issue pops up and he is not here.

Post subject: Re: Polish Radom P 64 test (NOW A FAIL) 1/14/2017
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:05 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

POLISH P 64 FAIL-
Very disappointed today. The safety/decocker on my prized P64 has broken in the FIRE position. Part of the safety broke off in the far side of the slide. Removed the main 75% of the safety , the other 25% stays where the thing broke in two. Unable to remove the firing spring and firing pin as well. No one sells these safety's , if one appears on gunbroker it's bought in moments. The weak link now appears in what I thought was a nice little pistol. I guess I have a tool box /shop pistol now. I don't see how a gunsmith could fix this. Very upset :( It will still fire but is frozen in fire position now. Unsafe to carry loaded now. Glad I have a Bulgarian Makarov to shoot all this ammo I bought. :(

Post subject: Re: Polish Radom P 64 test (NOW fixed) 2/14/2017
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:09 am 
Colonel
Colonel

As of today, the new safety lever I got from Poland, has been replaced by my gunsmith. ready to go again.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:20 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sweet ! ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sounds good. Let's hear how it works. :!:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:58 am 
Colonel
Colonel

The P64 works well again. The weak part of this pistol is the safety. My gunsmith says with the stiff trigger pull in double action mode puts a lot of stress on the safety lever because people are tempted to dry fire it. I was durn lucky to find an ONS safety lever on gunbroker that was located in Poland.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:44 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm glad that it all worked out well for you!
Each military pistol has its own character and history and specially with the Radom 9x18mm, that was designed to be used in low-powered blowback semiautomatics.

Profile E-mail