It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Umarex mini UZI
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:25 am 
Colonel
Colonel

After spotting some discussion for this gem online, I got a case of the "gots to have its" and bought one from amazon.com.

It has a real reciprocating bolt that is an active component of its firing mechanism. In terms of CO2 gas usage, it's horribly inefficient, but in terms of replicating the real deal, they did a great job.

It has the selector slide with "A" (full auto), "R" (repetitive, semi auto), and "S" (safe) positions. From the factory all of the full-auto pieces are there, they've added a block to inhibit the selector from scooting into "A" position. It took me a whopping 15mins to correct that problem. :D

It uses a CO2 cartridge embedded in the magazine, where you also single-stack up to 25 BBs. To add/replace the CO2 bottles, you unscrew the plug in the bottom of the mag, slide in a CO2 bottle, screw the plug back in which forces the CO2 onto a penetrator (like the old-school Freon taps). There's a valve on the back of the magazine that is part of the firing process and a vent on top where the CO2 is transferred to the bolt.

You begin by charging the bolt to the rear, "open bolt" (like the real deal). Grip the handle and compress the functional grip safety and pull the trigger, which releases the bolt and the oprod spring pushes it forward. As it moves forward, it strips a BB out of the magazine, chambers the BB, and as it is ramming itself home, bops the valve on the back of the magazine. The valve opens a CO2 shot which goes up into the bottom of the bolt and into the (now sealed) chamber behind the BB. It expels the BB and pushes the bolt back to the rear.

All-in-all, the mechanism is similar to the real deal, with a creative twist using CO2 instead of smokeless powder.

You can dry fire it with CO2 and no BBs, still cycles the bolt, just no round projectile to contain in the house. ;)

I must say, my dogs are NOT a fan of this thing flapping away at full auto.

Someone that owns a real mini-uzi did a side-by-side photo shoot: http://oi67.tinypic.com/qznb15.jpg

(see also: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=qznb15&s=9 )

Lastly, here's a review video:

(seems I'm doing that wrong, here's the url: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P1JkQXIMl8 )

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Umarex mini UZI
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cool tool to chase strays away ! :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:28 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

How many feets do the little BB's go each second?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:47 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Sustinemus wrote:
How many feets do the little BB's go each second?

they advertise 344FPS.

Profile E-mail