It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: FOR SALE: Winchester "WIN 13" M1 Garand
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:54 pm 
Private
Private

FOR SALE: Winchester M1 Garand. This rifle features a RARE "WIN 13" receiver. During WWII, Winchester manufactured M1 Garands, but because they were a relatively small operation, they never incorporated most of the various design changes found in Springfield Armory production. When the war ended, Winchester wanted "in" on contracts for the rifle that ultimately became the M14 so they made a few thousand M1s with all of the updates and stamped them with the WIN 13 mark. These are the rarest of the Winchester Garands and an interesting part of the M14 story as well.

This particular rifle was refinished by Dean's Gun Restoration and once sat in a nice Wenig maple stock. It now wears a Boyd's walnut stock. Aside from some wear on the bolt in the normal places and the underside of the barrel the re-finish parkerizing is 99.99% and appears as issued, new, Dean's does fantastic work.

All of the springs are new, the bolt is marked D28287-1 WRA and the rest of the parts are as-new Springfield.

Trigger group: 65282290-SA
Hammer: D5546008 (Safety and trigger both marked SA)
Receiver: D28291WIN-13 (under the stock line) S/N 16179XX
Op-Rod: 6535382 SA
Barrel: SA F6535448 9 55 A221A

Also features correct Type III Lockbar rear sight. I no longer have a TE gage, HOWEVER I have fired less than 20 rounds from this rifle and when I received it I believe the ME was LESS THAN 1 and the TE was a 2. Front and rear sights index on the center line. This M1 is about as perfect as it gets today, almost like getting a brand new USGI M1

I am asking $1100 shipped to your FFL. The receiver alone sells at around $600 when they show up on CMP auctions.

I accept payment by USPS money orders. Please email me at desertvet762@yahoo.com of PM me through the board.

Here are some pictures, I have more, just ask.